Monday, June 23, 2014

Terrible Two's & The Naughty Chair


I'm crossing my fingers.. and toes and hoping like crazy that we will be out of the terrible two stage when Caleb is halfway through being two.  Mostly for my sanity but also since he started the craziness when he was a year and a half.

We have started using a naughty chair when he doesn't mind what we say or when he repeatedly tells us, "No."  There for awhile it seemed like he was over the n-o word.. now I feel like it's back with a vengeance.. at least the biting is gone.. you can't see me but I'm beating the heck out of this wooden desk hoping I didn't just jinx us!

Anyway, we are currently using his Lightning McQueen light up step stool that he got for his first birthday but I'm worried that he'll associate that with being naughty and won't use it as a step stool or that he'll carry it around the house and use it for naughty time anywhere.. like in-front of the TV while Mickey Mouse is on.. not going to happen!

{found here}


So after searching Pinterest; I've found some really cute ideas..

 

Now we just need to find either a stool or a little chair.. I'm leaning more towards a chair - because it has a back.  Who am I kidding.. I like it because I can decorate/write more on it.

So we have our work cut out for us for this week/weekend.  And Caleb can go back to using his stool to help us wash dishes, carry it around to get toys/books down, wash his hands, and get on the potty himself.. did I mention that he has pooped on the potty twice at home and only uses 3 diapers at school because he's using the potty - we are SO proud of him!!!

It's been a fun time around here and I know it's bound to get even better.


No comments:

Post a Comment