Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Rain, rain, we love rain!


It's been raining here off and on for the past week - while it's been nice (because it's good for the grass, trees, and everything else that needs it) it's also been a bummer.  I get stuck at work when it really starts to come down and I sit there while my phone rings off the hook lost in a day dream that I'm at home snuggling with my two loves.


Caleb has been missing the park, riding his Mater, riding his bike, and walks to get the mail.  And holy mosquito, I feel as if we're breeding the awful things!!  I swear they have no purpose other than spreading West Nile and making our bodies itch.  I'm sure I scratch in my sleep!

C also doesn't like the fact that his car/bike are covered in water after a downpour and insists that we wipe them dry before he will climb in/on.  Yet at school he'll dive right into dirt and mud puddles?  Oh the joys of having a boy!  I'm convinced he has to show off to his friends.. and it starts.. the macho boy club!

I'm grateful he still holds my hand, is excited to see me, and will give me countless kisses even when his friends are looking.. I'm sure that'll come to an end soon - until then I'm going to savor every-single-wet-slobbery kiss and "I love you, Mama" I receive from my sweet boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment