Thursday, August 28, 2014

It's the Little Things


Y’all I’m SO excited!  I just received an e-mail stating my StitchFix package is scheduled to ship on September 24th.  I’m a little nervous though, my style is super casual.  I’m a jeans/shorts and t-shirts kinda gal.  More importantly t-shirts from high school or t-shirts I stole from my brother back in the day.. some well over 7 years old. :)  

Occasionally I’ll wear a dress or skirt but only because I’m lazy and don’t want to bother matching a shirt with bottoms.  Last year, I discovered leggings and now I want a pair in every color – c’mon fall!  I cannot wait to wear leggings and boots and snuggle in a warm sweater dress again.

-----------------

Secondly; September 1st is Labor Day – the office is closed as is the daycare.  It’ll be an extra day with my loves – I think it’ll be a great day for splash pads the pool and sharing fro-yo!  :)

-----------------

Thirdly (HA!  That word looks wrong but spell check didn’t correct me); Groupon FINALLY gave us a credit for a groupon I bought (for a date day) almost three months ago.  I had tried calling ATX Jet Ski’s– even going so far as to Google the company and found the e-mail address) to book a reservation.. after 15 times of combined phone calls and emails – I gave up!  We were so excited to try something new again and sadly were let down when no one answered/called back/or emailed back.  After back and forth e-mails with a wonderful customer service tech within Groupon – she stated they were unable to get in touch with the company and credited our account.  Here’s to spending the credit on something else fun – I’m thinking Ziplining though Skydiving sounds awesome too!

-----------------

Fourth; it’s always the best when I don’t have to make the late night trip to the grocery store to buy diapers/milk/coffee/bread/whatever-else-we-need-that-we-don’t-have.  Ben took the responsibility last night – bless him!  & he even brought home cough medicine for me – maybe due to the fact that he’s not sleeping very well himself while I cough on and on.  Regardless; it’s safe to say that we both HATE grocery shopping hence the empty cupboards and trying a new place out for dinner last night which was amazing – more on that below!

-----------------

Fifth; Independence Fine Foods– where we went for dinner last night = THE BEST EVER!!!  Everything is made from scratch right there and all the meat is farm raised and from local sources!  You can dine or buy in bulk and take home.. to later stuff your face.  The décor was awesome – very rustic!  They have exposed pipes in the ceiling which are painted black but have a lot of character (Caleb was amazed and kept telling me to look up at it), wood walls & counters, chalkboard menu’s on the wall, and glass bakery style refrigerated displays to make your mouth water even more!!

But holy mother, amazing chicken salad – freakin’ delish-ious (Ben told me once that saying “delish” makes me sound stuffy).  I had the baked chicken which was covered in corn flakes and baked with truffle oil, with macaroni and expensive cheese (I prefer Horizon  boxed stuff), and steamed broccoli (which had what looked like sunflower seeds but didn’t taste like them.. not bad tasting – promise!)  It was all SO good!  Then of course; we had to sample the desserts which all looked to-die-for!  Ben devoured a pecan turtle brownie – though he offered us a taste first.  Teresa had the bread pudding.  And Caleb selected a Vanilla Bean Cupcake that he and I shared (he wanted to eat the icing only because it tasted like ice cream and ended up in an explosive meltdown because we wouldn't let him).  Which prompted us to box up the remaining desserts and leave.  We will be going back though!




  

-----------------

Sixth; Our trip to Galveston is next weekend!!  I’m so excited for another trip to the beach, more photo ops, digging our toes into the sand, splashing in water, and a child who sleeps through the night because he is tuckered out from all of the excitement!  It cannot come soon enough.  



-----------------

Seventh; Caleb's Citrus Lane box will arrive in mid-September.  Citrus Lane is a monthly subscription box for little ones.. we look forward to getting a surprise in the mail each month!  & of course you can cancel at any time.  The products that go into these boxes are very impressive.  Don't forget to click the link to get 50% off your first box and free shipping!



<3 & hugs! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment