Thursday, August 7, 2014

Challenge


The hardest thing for me being a Mama is letting go of control.  I'm constantly trying to keep Caleb hurt-free, clean, and telling him the word I hate hearing the most.. "No."

Instead I should be embracing his independence!

I need to remember to let him dig his fingers into his food [no matter how much it grosses me out] & let the ranch drip off his chin because he's doing it himself!

He's going to have bumps & scrapes [heck probably another trip to the ER] but he'll also have smiles and laughs!  He'll be proud to tell everyone what he did on his own, like when he tells us he went potty on the big boy potty!

If I run after him and do everything for him, it's just going to hold him back in the end.

Our son is one smart cookie!  We're constantly amazed by the 9-10 word sentences he makes, especially since none of the other children in his class do that.. he's the youngest!  And the new words he comes home saying that he learns at school.  We are truly blessed by him!



No comments:

Post a Comment